Akin

Just like I don't see the powerlines
that would remind me I am not a lilliputian.
Just like i feel crushed and left whole enough to
feel it when I read a grown-up book
And crushed but dissolved
when I finish one for children.
Just like I can't stand to be laughed at
or looked at, sometimes.
Just like I choke and cough on my poetry
as if it were bronchial phlegm
And shred my stories to streamers
before I get a chance to write them.
Just like I eat raw eggs and roll out under raw sun
and scratch until spots of my skin also sting pink.
Just like the reason I don't want to regret anything
is because sometimes I regret everything.
Just like I can forgive the man his cigarette
because his holding his baby alone in a rowboat.
Just like all this I know that things will be written
by me. And I don't see where I come in in my own life
But we three are there - the time, the words, and I.

mar 17, 09

No comments: