Our Hill Came Down

They took down our hill
the one I took you to everyday in my mind
behind my ears
or tucked up in my hair
took it down like a bad billboard
“God is Love (but he hates you)”
It's almost see through
The birds fly right through space
like there was no atmosphere
on our planet, our hill
Today is a day out of season
like when you refuse to sleep all night long
because you're not through being alive
It's like summer got in that mood
and broke into the moon
like a bad safety box
like ours that I pick with my nail file
holding birthday cash
some important looking cards
checks
I think I saw a school photo at the bottom
The moon holds other things
the time between us
the horizon between us
the space on the other side of our atmosphere
all the birds that have learned how to reach it.

March 10, 2009

No comments: