the backstroke

hav u washed ur hair lately, he sed
bent over my hed with a half sniff half kiss
which i never understood-how he bends over me
we are the same height.
guess he'll find the answer to his own question.
wat do u think about my mom?
he goes on picking the frosting off his muffin
she likes me, i say
i lean into his side bc he's coiled his fingers around my hip
it makes me a little cold bc his arm is blocking the heat from the furnace
i hand him the remaining whip cream from my frapichino
and stik my hands behind me

somtimes im not in the mood to gaze into your eyes
i wonder if somhow that was the wrong thing to say
i take the time now to search them for ur reaction
possibly i should explore them more
bc i cant read anything in their shadows and glints
do u understand, i finally ask
yeah, but ur not in that mood bc uve still got my hands and ur lost
somwher in me, im not even there rite now
but ur in there backstroking thru my ponds and rivers
im off somwhere outside, not in the mood for getting wet.

nov 19 04

No comments: